Policies & Procedures
Late Arrival Policy
In our efforts to make your visit more comfortable and provide you with the most effective treatment, our office has implemented a late arrival policy.
Should you arrive late, you will receive the remaining time allocated to your scheduled appointment, however you will be billed the full amount of the appointment duration you have reserved.
This is to ensure that clients coming in after you do not have to wait for their reserved time. We will try to accommodate late comers as best as possible, but cannot compromise on the quality and timely care provided to our other clients.
We truly appreciate your compliance and understanding with this policy so that we can continue to provide excellent care and customer service.
Your appointment time has been reserved for you. In consideration of your practitioner and fellow clients, we ask that you contact us by phone, email or through the online booking at least 24 hours prior to your appointment or you will be charged the FULL amount for the service you booked.
We will do our best to fill your appointment slot and If we are able to do so, you will not be charged.
Please note however, that situations such as being called into work, working late or childcare issues are not considered an emergency.
If you have unique work/life demands that may affect your ability to honour our cancellation policy, we would be happy to speak with you about other booking options which may suit your lifestyle better!
No Show Policy
Please be considerate of our team by letting us know if you are unable to make your appointment. If you do not show up for your appointment you will be charged for the FULL service you booked. Clients who fail to show for appointments may be asked to pre-pay for future services.
It is important that our Massage Therapists are compensated for reserved time slots.
As a Health Information Custodian (HIC) under Ontario’s Personal Health Information Privacy Act (2004), We are bound by law and ethics to safeguard your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. It is not the practice of this office to buy, sell or trade private information.
Our responsibilities include:
• Collect only the information that may be necessary for your care
• Keep accurate and up-to-date records
• Safeguard the medical records in our possession
• Only when it is deemed necessary for your treatment , and with further written permission, will we contact other health care providers outside the clinic
• Information may be shared with another health care provider (including any member of a regulated health profession under the Regulated Health Practioners Act) and organizations on a “need to know” basis only where required for your care (emergencies, serious safety issues, other RMTs in the clinic)
• Disclose information to third parties only with your express consent, or when necessary for legal reasons
• Retain and destroy records in accordance with the law
Your request for care implies consent for our collection, use and disclosure of your personal health information for purposes related to your care. As noted above, other purposes require your express consent.
Your rights include:
• Understand the purposes for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal health information
• Refuse or give consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal health information, except where required by law
• Withdraw or change your consent
• Access to view your records
• Request amendments to your records
• Obtain copies of your records (please request the fees for this service).
• Complain to the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC) about a custodian’s refusal to give you access to all or part of a health record
• Make a complaint to the Information and Privacy Commissioner about any breach of your privacy
New Studio Procedures in Respect of COVID-19
As per the safety guidelines set by the Ontario college of massage therapists and the Provincial Health Organization, all clients must
1. Complete a COVID-19 self assessment survey and
2. Understand the safety protocols implemented at our office prior to their massage.
These protocols were developed with the goal of reducing the risk of exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19 for the safety of the clients and therapists within our studio setting. The Protocols will be updated as needed.
Self-Assessment for Symptoms of COVID-19: For Clients & Therapists
Pre-Screening / Prior to Arrival
• All clients will have to fill out a COVID-19 Self-Assessment Survey and waiver via our online system in order to book an appointment and one verbal survey at the time of your appointment.
• The day before your appointment you will receive a confirmation email/text, you MUST respond to that email/text indicating that your answers to the COVID-19 questions are still no.
• If you have answered ‘Yes’ to any of the survey questions your therapist will contact you for more information.
• On the day of your massage we will do another self-assessment at the clinic prior to your treatment. If you present with any symptoms at the time of your appointment your treatment will be cancelled immediately.
• All of our therapists have committed to use the COVID-19 Self-Assessment tool daily and to cancel all appointments if any symptoms appear.
• Symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to other respiratory illnesses and seasonal allergies. An appointment must be cancelled immediately if either the client or the therapist presents with even mild symptoms that may be signs of COVID-19 including: Fever, Cough, Chills, Shortness of breath, Sore throat or pain with swallowing, Stuffy or runny nose, Loss of sense of smell, Headache, Muscle aches, Fatigue and Loss of appetite. Cancellation fees will not be in effect for any cancellation due to illness.
• Clients must confirm that they have not been in contact with anyone displaying illness, or signs and symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to their treatment.
• Clients must confirm that they have not traveled outside Canada within 14 days prior to their appointment.
• Clients with higher risk profiles and/or weakened immune systems should
consider alternatives for care and postpone treatment.
Reception Area / Entry into Studio Space
• Clients are asked to arrive on time - not early or late for appointments.
• It is required that clients wait outside the studio or in their vehicle if they are more than 5 minutes early. If you arrive and the door is locked, please wait until someone comes to open it, do not knock. While in the studio, please be aware that other treatments are in progress and to keep your voice low for your privacy and the comfort of others.
• Upon entering the studio you must remove your shoes and put the slippers provide if you are not wearing socks. Head straight to the restroom where you can wash your hands with soap and water before entering the treatment room.
• Masks are mandatory in the studio for both therapists and clients, if you have a mask please bring it with you. If you do not have a mask, we can supply one for $2. Your mask will be worn when entering the studio and during your treatment.
Your therapist will keep her mask on at all times as well.
• Clients are not permitted to sit in the studio reception area before or after the treatment.
• Appointment times are staggered to reduce the potential of clients and
therapists crossing paths, and to allow for time in between appointments for enhanced cleaning.
Within the Treatment Room
• Everything in the treatment room will be completely disinfected before each
massage; all linens, including table covers are taken off the massage table to be washed in hot soapy water, the table is then sprayed with an unscented
government approved COVID-19 disinfectant along with all other touchable
surfaces including door handles, counter, stool, light switches and our massage lotion dispensers.
• When the massage has ended your therapist will leave the room to give you time to get dressed. Your therapist will then come back into the room and go over any home-care recommendations, take care of your bookings and complete contact-less payment inside the room. Receipts for the treatment will be emailed.
• After the treatment you must wash your hands again and leave the slippers provided at the front door of the studio for cleaning.
Avoid Face Touching
• The therapist will communicate with the client the importance of not touching your face, eyes or nose to help reduce infection.
• Hand sanitizer and tissue and will be available throughout the studio: in the reception area, treatment room and washroom in order that clients and therapists may use tissue to address an itch and/or touch the face for any other reason.
Our restroom will have proper hand washing guidelines posted and all touchable surfaces will be disinfected after each use. All high touched surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected between clients. High touch surfaces include (but are not limited to):
• Light switches, door knobs, POS machine, electronic devices, table surfaces, chairs, stools, faucets, etc.
• The treatment table, table levers, face cradle and lotion bottles will be
disinfected immediately after each treatment.
• Our massage tables are covered with a medical grade plastic to create a barrier between the sheets you lay on during the treatment and the heating pad on the table.
In the current environment of COVID-19 risk, informed consent requires that the
client be informed and understands that:
Any massage therapy treatment involves some risk of COVID-19 transmission;
The therapist is following protocol to help reduce or mitigate risk where possible, but that risk cannot be reduced to zero;
The client consents to the treatment despite some risk;
And the therapist will document the patient’s consent in advance at every treatment.
Last updated January 31, 2021
The information provided by Aligned One Wellness (“we,” “us” or “our”) on alignedonewellness.ca (the “Site”) is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
EXTERNAL LINKS DISCLAIMER
The Site may contain (or you may be sent through the Site) links to other websites or content belonging to or originating from third parties or links to websites and features in banners or other advertising. Such external links are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness by us. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OFFERED BY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES LINKED THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE OR FEATURE LINKED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING. WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
The Site cannot and does not contain medical/health advice. The medical/health information is provided for general informational and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Accordingly, before taking any actions based upon such information, we encourage you to consult with the appropriate professionals. We do not provide any kind of medical/health advice. THE USE OR RELIANCE OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
The Site may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links. Our affiliates include the following:
The Site may contain testimonials by users of our products and/or services. These testimonials reflect the real-life experiences and opinions of such users. However, the experiences are personal to those particular users, and may not necessarily be representative of all users of our products and/or services. We do not claim, and you should not assume, that all users will have the same experiences. YOUR INDIVIDUAL RESULTS MAY VARY.
The testimonials on the Site are submitted in various forms such as text, audio and/or video, and are reviewed by us before being posted. They appear on the Site verbatim as given by the users, except for the correction of grammar or typing errors. Some testimonials may have been shortened for the sake of brevity where the full testimonial contained extraneous information not relevant to the general public.
The views and opinions contained in the testimonials belong solely to the individual user and do not reflect our views and opinions. We are not affiliated with users who provide testimonials, and users are not paid or otherwise compensated for their testimonials.
This disclaimer was created using Termly’s Disclaimer Generator.
We collect your public profile data only from your consent that you grant before initiating Social Login, from the social network used to login at our website. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, link to your social media profile, unique identifier, link to social profile avatar. This data is used to create your user profile at our website. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending us an email.
We use Pinterest Save widget at our website to allow you to pin images to Pinterest from our webpages. These requests may track your IP address in accordance with their data